Sohrab Azizollahi is an Iranian Architect, who his projects were awarded and recognized in several international architectural festivals and competitions. He started his academic education at 2003 in Computer Science in Esfahan(a city by spectacular and awesome architecture), thence he impressed by the architecture and the city and started studying about the architecture. Thus he left his university in 2006 and started studying Architecture at Qazvin(a city by wonderful architecture) and finally graduated in Bachelor of Architecture in 2009. He has founded his professional practice, Sohrab Azizollahi Studio in 2009, and also has worked as a freelance architect in architectural competitions. He has participated in many construction projects, including his own designs as an executive principal and director. He continued educating in 2014 and got a master in Architecture in 2016.
His main focus in architectural design and research is on the environmental design process and using smart technologies for providing sustainability in the projects, besides considering the context and culture, This design process was examined in a few academic, and designed professional projects, which some of those were recognized & honored internationally in many competitions and awards.
He ongoing research and practice is about renovation of destroyed cities or areas caused by war or natural disaster.
His most important awarded project is “Each devastated cities” which was awarded the iF Design Talent Awards 2017 in Germany which is about how to renovate a devastated city by its people and by recycling the existing materials, also he has been shortlisted and honored in several international architectural awards such as INSPIRELI Awards 2016 in Prague, 2A Asia Architectural Awards 2016 & 2017, in Vienna & Berlin, and Middle East Architect Awards 2015 in UAE, 2A Continental Architectural Award 2019 in Madrid, mostly in future design category.
A.Sc. in Computer Science, Azad Uiversity
B.A. in Architecture, QI Azad University
M.A.in Architecture, Azad University
principal and lead Architect at Sohrab Azizollahi Studio, 2009 –present
Honors and awards:
- 2015, Shortlisted & Nominated for PUBLIC SECTOR & EDUCATIONAL PROJECT OF THE YEAR, Lorestan CEO Smart Building, Middle East Architect Awards, Dubai/UAE
- 2016, Shortlisted & Nominated for Future Projects, Lorestan Construction Engineering Organization Smart Building, 2A Asia Architecture Awards, Vienna/Austria.
- 2016, Finalist for INSPIRELI Award, Lorestan Construction Engineering Organization Smart Building , Prague/ Czech Republic
- 2017, Shortlisted & Nominated for Future Projects, Boushehr Construction Engineering Organization Building, 2A Asia Architecture Awards, Berlin/ Germany
- 2017, Winner for Public Value: Help & Support (Helping people help themselves), Each Devastated Cities, iF Design Talent Award, Munich/Germany
- 2019, Shortlisted & Nominated for Future Projects, Family Villa, 2A Continental Architecture Awards, Madrid/Spain.
2019, INSPIRELI AWARDS 2019, certified juror for semifinals, Prague / Czech Republic
2015, MEAA Shortlists , Middle East ARCHITECT Magazine, Volume 09 / Issue 12, Lorestan Construction Engineering Organization Smart Building, Dubai/UAE
2017, 2A Architecture & Art Magazine, Issue No 39, spring 2017, Lorestan Construction Engineering Organization Smart Building, Tehran / Iran.
2017, Manzel Magazine, Issue No 110, October 2017, Tehran/Iran
2018, 2A Architecture & Art Magazine, Issue No 41 winter 2018, Boushehr Construction Engineering Organization Building, Tehran / Iran.
2019, 2A Architecture & Art Magazine, Issue No 44 autumn 2019, Family Villa, Tehran / Iran.
2017, World Design Guide
& Dozens of Arch blogs, and social media shares…
Exhibition of photography on the subject of Iran and Iraq post-war injuries.2007, Qazvin university/ Iran